Dec 2-4, 2022 San Francisco Bay Area
5115 Hopyard Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588
Scouting needs to be reimagined in order to continue to evolve and move forward. For over 50 years, young women have thrived in Sea Scouts, Venturing, and Exploring. These young women represent the best of Scouting. We now can bring new opportunities to young women in Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA.
There are hundreds of thousands of female volunteers in Scouting who come from a wide variety of industries and leadership levels. As scouting continues to expand, these women, both the female volunteers and the female scouts, face challenges on a daily basis. These barriers need to be addressed and removed.
To continue to be relevant, Scouting must create an environment where girls and women can thrive. The necessary equity cannot be created without men and boys who openly act as allies and champions. With their participation, we will create an open and inclusive environment that will maximize the scouting experience for all. This conference is the first of its kind in Scouting.
- Acknowledge & celebrate the achievements of women and girls in Scouting
- Acknowledge and address the barriers that women and girls face in Scouting
- Develop the current and next generation of female leaders
- Develop men and male youth to be allies and champions
- Address the outdoor needs of women and girls
- History of Women in Scouting
- DEI Fundamentals in Scouting
- Allies & Champions: The Female Scouting Experience
- Leadership From the Female Perspective (Panel discussion with Female Leaders in Industry)
- The Imposter Syndrome
- Leadership From the Female Scout Perspective (Panel discussion with Female Eagle Scouts)
- Wild Women of the Southwest
- Supporting Women and Girls in the Outdoors
Who Should Attend:
- Adult female scouters at all levels
- Female Scouting youth, Star rank/14 years old & up
- Adult male scouters at all levels and male youth scouts (Star rank/14 years old & up) who are ready to be allies and champions
- Professional BSA staff at all levels
- Early Registration: By Oct 31, 2022: $125
- By Nov 21, 2022: $145
- At the Door (if space is available): $165
- By Oct 31, 2022: $45
- By Nov 21,2022: $55
- At the Door (if space is available): $65
Sponsor the Event:
- Sponsor a Scout Youth: $25+: The cost of a scout youth attending is $185. We are purposely keeping the registration cost to attend very low for the scout youth with the hope that some scouts will be sponsored and also to offset of the cost through fundraising. Please consider sponsoring a scout youth with your registration. You can select the Scout Youth Sponsor option and add any combination of $25 to sponsor a portion or all of a youth’s registration fees.
- Second Class Sponsor: $250: Mention in marketing materials and program.
- First Class Sponsor: $500: Mention in marketing materials and program.
- Star Sponsor: $1,000: Coffee/Tea sponsor. Includes 1 ticket, mention plus logo in all marketing materials and placard at beverage table.
- Life Sponsor: $1,500: Breakfast sponsor. Includes 2 tickets, mention plus logo in all marketing materials plus website and program. Thanked during opening meal comments and placard at breakfast table.
- Eagle Sponsor: $2,500: Lunch sponsor. Includes 4 tickets, mention plus logo in all marketing material plus website and program. Thanked during opening comments and lunch announcement. placard at the lunch table.
The following meals are provided: Sat breakfast, Sat lunch, Sun breakfast. Please note in your registration any allergies or dietary restrictions. Vegetarian and vegan options are available upon request.
- Friday: Pre-Conference Social 7-9pm (optional)
- Saturday: 7-7:45am breakfast (included in your registration) and check in. Conference will run from 7am-5pm (lunch included). Dinner on your own.
- Sunday: 8-8:45am breakfast (included in your registration). Conference will run from 8am to 1pm.
- Four Points by Sheraton, Pleasanton 925-460-8800
- 5115 Hopyard Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588
- Conference Block Room Rate: $129 plus taxes (limited availability). The rate is valid until October 31, 2022, subject to availability.
- To get the block rate, click here: Book Your Room
- 19 miles from OAK Oakland Airport
- 29 miles from SJC San Jose Airport
- 39 miles from SFO San Francisco Airport
- The BART Station is Dublin/Pleasanton – 0.7 miles from the station to the hotel